SELWYN COLLEGE ARCHIVES
Selwyn College Archives is the record repository of Selwyn College. Our main objective is to collect, preserve and promote the use of records documenting the history of the College.
Selwyn College was founded by public subscription in 1882 to commemorate George Augustus Selwyn (1809-78), Bishop of New Zealand. It became a full college of the university in 1958 and admitted women in 1976. An overview of the history of the College is available here and a "Short history" of the College from 1882-1973 can be seen here.
Painting of George Augustus Selwyn by George Richmond.
During the academic year 2007/08 we celebrated the 125th Anniversary of the College. A special publication Selwyn Celebrated, featuring many images from the Archives, was published in 2007. Copies of the book are available to purchase from the College, either in person from the Porters Lodge or from the Development Office. 2009 also saw the bicentenary of the birth of Bishop Selwyn.
Please click on the links below to take you to other pages on the Selwyn College Archives webpages.