Tuesday 20th June
Southend-on-Sea, situated at the mouth of the Thames Estuary, has long been a favourite seaside resort, due to its close proximity to London.
Southend’s most well-known landmark is the Southend Pier – the world’s longest pleasure pier. It’s also well known for its beaches. The town has a range of attractions to offer, including Adventure Island and the Sealife Centre (joint tickets available), boat trips, the Golden Mile of arcades, and a wide range of shops on the High Street, including the undercover Royals Shopping Centre and Victoria Shopping Centre.
Here are just a few links to Southend-on-Sea attractions:
- Blue Flag award – Southend beach has been awarded a Blue Flag for water quality.
- Kursaal – Situated on the seafront, the venue includes the bowling rink, dancing, arcades and bars.
- Adventure Island – Southend’s answer to Disneyland, for the kids (Adventure Island info).
- Southend Pier – The World’s longest pleasure pier. Ride a train the length of the pier and back (2.16km).
- Sealife Centre – The fishy educational attraction on Southend seafront (Sealife Centre info).
- Old Leigh (short train ride away).
- Escape Live – If a group would be interested in booking an "escape room", let Sally Clayson know as soon as possible.
Depart Cambridge: 08:00
Depart Southend: 18:00
Staff taking this as their FREE outing will be reimbursed up to £15 on presentation (to Sally Clayson) of receipts for entrance to attractions or food and drink (no alcohol).
Applications must be received by Tuesday 30th May.
Download the Booking Form.