- Ramsay Murray Lecture 2013
The crisis in Greece and the state of Europe: a historian's perspective
5.30pm, Friday 10 May 2013 Room LG19, Faculty of Law, Sidgwick Site
- Selwyn and HE+
10 visiting academics from Selwyn College delivered masterclasses to sixthformers in subjects ranging from maths to modern languages
- New Honorary Fellows
The Master and Fellows of Selwyn are thrilled to announce that Hugh Laurie OBE, (SE 1978), Robert Harris (SE 1975) and General Sir Peter Wall KCB CBE ADC (SE 1975) are to be made honorary fellows of the College.
- Selwyn alumnus Richard Thorpe (SE 1962)
has been awarded the 2011 Marsh Biography Prize for his biography of former British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan.
- Selwyn alumna Mahima Khanna (SE 2009)
has won the Stevenson Prize for finishing top of her class in this year's MPhil in Economics.
- Premiere of Philip Cooke's Magnificat & Nunc Dimittis in C# minor
On Sunday 23rd October Selwyn Chapel Choir premièred Philip Cooke's Magnificat & Nunc Dimittis in C# minor.
- Selwyn's Admissions Tutor, Dr Mike Sewell
comments on the Vice-Chancellor's visit to Leeds and Wakefield as part of the university's access programme, which complements Selwyn's work in these cities.
- Dr Sarah Meer discusses her research on Alexander Crummell,
one of the first black students to study at Cambridge University. You can also listen to an interview with her.
- University notice
regarding voting rights for election of the new Chancellor
- Selwyn Alumnus Barry O'Leary (SE 1989)
comments on the Home Secretary's speech at the Conservative Party Conference
- Honorary Fellow and Alumnus, John Sentamu (SE 1974), the Archbishop of York
took part in last night's Question Time about the recent riots across England
- Recent Selwyn Graduates Ed Moyse (SE 2008) and Ross Harper (SE 2008)
sell their faces for a year
- Dr David Chivers
comments on the mystery ape of Sumatra
- Selwyn Student
awarded a Gates Scholarship
- Ben Maruthappu awarded a Kennedy Scholarship
Will study for one year at Harvard University