Approved by College Council on 9 June 2015
- The Library is for use by Selwyn College members only. Visitors may be admitted only by prior permission from the Librarian.
- Doors must be closed securely on exit.
- All loans must be registered following the procedures displayed in the library. Items marked “For Reference only” or “Not to be taken away” must remain in the Library.
- The number of items that may be borrowed and current loan periods are displayed in the library. Extended borrowing may be permitted on application to the Librarian.
- All loans are subject to recall, and items which have been recalled must be returned within the period stated.
- Returned items must be placed in the designated places in the library.
- Items retained for longer than the permitted loan period, or which are damaged or defaced, will be subject to fines.
- Lost items must be replaced or paid for.
- Members are responsible for any item borrowed in their name until it is safely returned.
- Items held in closed collections, such as rare books, may only be consulted in the Library during supervised hours.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- Drinks in bottles or lidded cups are permitted in the Library; food is not permitted.
- Conversations should be kept to a minimum and not disturb other library users.
- Mobile phones, laptops, and other devices should be put into silent mode as appropriate and should be used in a manner that will not disturb other library users.
- Library materials may only be copied as permitted by the current CLA regulations (on display by the photocopier / MFD).
These regulations have been designed in order to promote equal access to resources for all students. If any part of the rules requires clarification, or if you would like advice on using the Library, please contact library staff.
College Archivist (part-time):
Assistant Librarian (part-time):
Library Assistant (part-time):
Ms Elizabeth Stratton
Mr Michael Wilson
Ms Katie Turner
Selwyn College Library, Grange Road, Cambridge CB3 9DQ
The Library & Archives Committee meets each term and is chaired by the Senior Tutor. Its membership comprises the Senior Tutor, the Vice-Master, 5 Fellows (including Dr Jessica Gardner, the University Librarian), representatives from the MCR and JCR, the Librarian, and the Archivist. College members are encouraged to bring suggestions and concerns to the Committee via the appropriate representative.