In 2019, Selwyn hosted residential summer events for Year 12 students in Medicine, Biological Natural Sciences, Physical Natural Sciences, History, History and Politics, Human, Social and Political Sciences and Languages and Linguistics.
Selwyn College also organised a Climate Change Curation Project summer school for Year 12 students hosted in conjunction with the Scott Polar Institute.
For Year 11 students, we held an Italian themed Arts and Humanities Summer School.
If there are more applicants than places, we will use the following criteria for selection:
- If you have ever been in care
- If you have ever received free-school meals
- If you attend a school or college in a deprived area, or an area with low progression to higher education (based upon IMD and POLAR4 data)
- If you are a young carer
- If you are a refugee
- If you have no family history of progression to higher education
- Priority will also be given to applicants who attend a school in our Link Areas of West Yorkshire and parts of East Berkshire
Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, Selwyn College are not currently accepting applications for 2020 summer events.
We are closely monitoring the situation. Please do continue to check these pages for more information.