- 1. Introduction and Overview
- 2. Studying at Selwyn
- 3. Personal Welfare and Pastoral Support
- 4. Health and Safety
- 5. Finance
- 6. Rules and Disciplinary Matters
- 6.1 Discipline and Related Matters
- 6.2 Student Complaints
- 6.3 Dignity and Respect at Study
- 6.4 Student behaviour at dinners and alcohol guidelines
- 6.5 Formal Dinners
- 6.6 Alcohol Misuse
- 6.7 Smoking and Drugs
- 6.8 Parties, Quiet Periods and Community Life
- 6.9 Music
- 6.10 Exam Celebrations
- 6.11 Damage to Fire Equipment
- 6.12 PREVENT
- 7. College Facilities
- 8. Practical Information and contacts
- 9. Outreach and Admissions
- 10. Policies and Procedures
As well as your welfare, the College takes your health and safety extremely seriously. This section is intended to provide both advice and information to help you both avoid problems and to deal with them should they arise.
As with the academic and pastoral sections, the advice to seek help and ask questions stands. Small problems dealt with early can mean the avoidance of bigger problems or crises that might otherwise have to be faced later. This is true of academic worries. It is also true of other issues.
This section of the Guide brings together matters pertaining to health, to your safety and security, and related matters.
Please note that in the interests of safety access to and the use of the roof in Cripps Court, the balustrades in Ann’s Court, hostel balconies, or other equivalent roof areas is strictly prohibited. They are dangerous areas to which only those with proper training and equipment are permitted access.