- 1. Introduction and Overview
- 2. Studying at Selwyn
- 3. Support and Advice
- 4. Health, Welfare and Safety
- 5. Finance
- 6. Rules and Disciplinary Matters
- 7. College Facilities
- 8. Practical Information and contacts
- 9. Clubs, Societies and Activities
- 10. Outreach and Admissions
- 11. Policies and Procedures
The College takes your welfare, health and safety extremely seriously. This section of the Guide is intended to provide both advice and information to help you both avoid problems and to deal with them should they arise.
As with the academic and pastoral sections, the advice to seek help and ask questions stands. Small problems dealt with early can mean the avoidance of bigger problems or crises that might otherwise have to be faced later. This is true of academic worries. It is also true of health and welfare issues. Bottling up concerns is not generally a positive or constructive way to deal with them. The repercussions of trying to act that way can be disastrous.
This section of the Guide brings together matters pertaining to physical and mental health, to your safety and security, and related matters.