The college welcomed Dr Christopher Dobson (SE 1957) back to Selwyn this week to mark the completion of Ann’s Court – for which he has been the principal donor. We are enormously grateful for his substantial gifts to the college, going back over many years.
Chris, accompanied by his daughter Abigail, formally named the first two phases of the project as the Christopher Dobson Building. He then unveiled a plaque on the new library and auditorium which marks the contribution that he and his wife Ann – after whom the Court is named – have made to the college. The photograph shows Chris visiting the library with Abigail, and accompanied by the master of Selwyn Roger Mosey (left) and the vice-chancellor of the university Professor Stephen Toope (right).
The cost of the third phase of construction was just under £13m, and all the money was raised by Selwyn alumni and friends.