Guidance for individuals requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Before you make a request please refer to our Publication Scheme. We may have already published the information you are looking for.
You have the right, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, to request any information held by the College which it has not already made available through its Publication Scheme.
The following guidance is provided to help the College respond to your request as quickly as possible:
- Requests should be made in writing (by e-mail or post)
- Enquirers should provide us with an email address or postal address for correspondence.
- Please make your enquiry as specific as possible. We are happy to offer guidance about the framing of enquiries.
- Your enquiry will be dealt with within 20 working days.
- If we intend to charge a fee, we will notify you as soon as possible after receiving your request.
- If the College does not hold the information or if an exemption applies that prevents its release we will explain this as soon as possible.
All requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 should be addressed to the FOI Officer, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Selwyn College, Cambridge CB3 9DQ.
If you are not satisfied with the way that the College has dealt with your request, you may complain to the Compliance Officer, either by email to email@example.com or by post to Selwyn College, Cambridge CB3 9DQ.
If the College is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right under Freedom of Information Act 2000, to apply to the Information Commissioner "for a decision whether your request for information has been dealt with in accordance with the requirements of Part I of the Freedom of Information Act 2000”. If you wish to exercise this right, contact:
The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House Water Lane